Friday 13 March 2015

Safuwan relishing City chance



Singaporean defender Safuwan Baharudin says he is relishing life in the Hyundai A-League after joining Melbourne City FC in the January transfer window.

Safuwan has started in 5 matches this season and with two goals already under his belt, the versatile defender said he has just been happy to contribute to the team.

"I have been shifted around for the past couple of games and for the past two I’ve settled down at left back, it has been good,” Safuwan said.

“I’ve completed four 90 minute performances back to back. It’s an achievement for myself because I’ve been wanting to break the first team and I’ve even got a goal or two.

“I always want to improve and at the end of the day, I really want to achieve something here.”

The 23-year-old netted a first-half header mid-week against the Wanderers and insists his aerial ability is a key component of his game.

“A strength for my game is getting into the box for corners and getting headers into the goal,” Safuwan said.

“It’s definitely not easy in Australia with the physical aspect and they are tall, good in the air but they tend to loosen up here and that’s when I know I can capitalise on their mistakes,

“At that moment the ball camef into Paddy (Kisnorbo), I knew that I could get something out of it. Eventually, it dropped right in front of me and it gave me the chance to hit it on target.”

Melbourne City FC host Newcastle Jets on Saturday night at AAMI Park.

VIDEO | Safuwan Baharudin second goal for Melbourne City against Western Sydney Wanderers

Source: http://www.a-league.com.au/article/safuwan-relishing-city-chance/bva6ujh0v26r1lz8pimvlucvv#LHIDXjI8qqvWsAc9.99

No comments:

Post a Comment